Thursday, March 1, 2012

So Simple Yet So Powerful

It is amazing how sometimes you hear exactly what you need, at exactly the time that you need to hear it.

This morning on my way to work, I was thinking about how I can't believe it has been 10 weeks since we lost Joey. At that moment this song came on the radio, with a woman speaking over it talking about the child that she lost to cancer at St. Jude's hospital. (I am assuming this was a telethon for St. Jude's that the radio station was hosting.)

This woman said something that really struck me.  She said, "I know that there is a future for me, but right now I need to focus on today. I am thankful for today. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here."

Wow. So simple, yet so powerful and so true. I need to get through today, I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment