Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Bathroom

A few weeks ago we did a bathroom renovation. I have to thank my husband and my father-in-law for the amazing overhaul.  They worked so hard on it and it looks great!

Rik’s parents came to town and spent the weekend so they could help with the project. Rik’s mom and I did some shopping to find the perfect shower curtain rod and necklace hanger (both are extremely important!) and the men put down the floor, replaced the mirror, added the new cabinet and painted.
Here is the before: 
A few action shots:

 
 The finished product: 
 
 
I love it! I love the darker cabinet, tiled floor and new paint. It is exactly what I had in mind! Rik can say what he wants, my indecisiveness is part of the process of making it perfect! So what if we made eight total trips to Home Depot and Lowes and bought one style floor before deciding on the other?! It is all part of the process!
Something else exciting that came from that weekend is this shirt:


It was one of my birthday gifts from them. How awesome is that?! This picture looks just like my Rudi!

Thanks Mom and Dad for all of your help!

4 comments:

  1. Turned out great! I especially love the vanity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it's beautiful!!! You almost don't want to pee in there because it's so nice - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end project turned out great.I love the shower curtain you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats the excitement of shopping for stuff and revamping your home! The end-result looks awesome! I must admit that the previous look is good too, but the latter is perfect. It is easy on the eyes, and the color looks great. Also, good move on replacing your towel rack with a single shelf. It gives room to more pieces like the flowers and candles. And I love the curtains too!

    ReplyDelete