Monday, February 13, 2012

HSG

I had one of those refreshing weekends when you only do what you feel like doing. I needed a weekend full of nothing.

However, it started off not so great.

On Friday, I was supposed to have a procedure done called an HSG. It is the last hurdle. This procedure is nothing major, medically speaking. However, to me it is huge. It will determine if there is any permanent damage from the hemorrhage that I had after Joey. I have siked myself up for this procedure for the past month.
Rik and I both took the day off. It was scheduled for first thing Friday morning. We arrived at the hospital early and went through the registration process. Next, they put us in a room for about an hour to wait for the procedure. The moment finally came when they took me back to the operating room. I had the hospital gown on and I was ready to get this over with.

They prepped me and put me up on the table. Once they were ready to start the procedure, they called the radiologist in. He asked me a few questions. After I supplied him with my answers, he took his gloves off and said there was a scheduling mistake and that he would not perform the procedure.
This procedure is supposed to be done during certain days of a woman’s cycle. There is a three day window in which it needs to be performed. I was within that window. However, this particular Radiologist likes to do it in his own window (of which I was not in), disregarding the medically suggested window. 

The nurses were stunned. One spoke up and explained to the doctor that I was within the required window and that waiting a few more days would be risky. He quickly said to her, that he was sorry, but he wasn’t doing the procedure and that they needed to reschedule me.
I sat on the table and cried. After everything that we have been through, I was so ready to have this procedure behind me. How could this be happening?

At that moment I could have knocked that pompous, arrogant radiologist out.
Because this radiologist opted not to do the procedure, I now have to worry and wait for another month.

Just another thing to add to this emotional rollercoaster.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry hun :( What a TURD!!! You should have punched him with both fists - one for you and one for me! Another month isn't that far away, you can do it! Stay strong. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete