We did the usual household chores and grocery shopping (I
don’t think anyone can have as much fun grocery shopping as we do!), we spent
time talking, we watched movies and played games. Yes, we played Wheel of
Fortune, The Price is Right and Guitar Hero for hours on Saturday!
Call us dorks, but we had so much fun, just the two of us. I adore this man. He is so much more than my husband. He is my best friend, he is my rock. When I feel overwhelmed and crazy, he keeps me sane. He makes me laugh when I want to cry. He makes me feel safe and loved.
This Valentine's Day is different. Something changed this weekend, I changed. I realized that life is precious and short and unpredictable. We have been through so much over the past eight weeks. I will certainly never truly heal from what has happened. But feeling so sad and angry all the time is only hurting me. I don’t like the sad, miserable me.
This weekend reminded me of what it feels like to be happy. Rik reminded of what life is about. It's about love and happiness.
Joey is a blessing. In his short life he taught me so much.
I am a better person because of him. I have been forced to reach to depths of my heart
and soul that I didn’t know existed. I have a new appreciation for life. I am
stronger than I (or anyone) ever imagined. All of this is because of him.
I am blessed in every aspect of life. I have a wonderful
husband. I have wonderful family and friends. I have a good job. I have good
health and a safe, warm home. I have so many things in life that other people
would give anything to have.
We have a son. He is our guardian angel that will get me
through the dark times and help us celebrate the happy times. I am a lucky, lucky woman.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
XOXOXO
Happy Valentine's Day, Kristen :) I'm glad you're feeling loved and positive today!
ReplyDeleteAmen, girlfraaannnd! Glad you guys ended up having a great weekend :) Love you tons!
ReplyDelete