Monday, January 23, 2012

My Angel


Joey’s funeral was Saturday. Wow, was it a really hard day. It was a funeral for my baby, not a baptism.
I am so very blessed to have the amazing friends and family that I have. I (we) would not have gotten through the day without the love and support of every single person that was there. Feeling the warmth of their smiles was exactly what we needed to survive.

Sitting in that pew and looking at Joey and his beautiful urn, on display for all to see, gave me a sense of peace.  Joey is an angel.
For reasons I will never understand, he was not meant for this world. This realization does not make dealing with his loss any easier, but it helps me recognize that we are going to be ok. Joey brought me so much joy for the 20 weeks that I had with him.

They were the best five months of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment