Saturday, June 8, 2013

So it's been 7 months?!

I AM BACK!! It’s been about seven months since you heard from me last. I was approaching the one year anniversary of losing Joey and I was still working on healing. Woah, what a difference seven months makes. I have so much to share with you, it will take a few weeks to catch up.

In a nutshell, Joey’s anniversary came and went. It was Christmas and I did a great job of putting on my brave face but I was aching inside. Rik and I would get into the car to leave one happy ocassion and head to another and I would break down and sob. I have said this a thousand times, God Bless this man.

 I did it, I survived the loss of Joey and am now in the best place in life that I have ever been. I would have never imagined I would be this happy again. I was certain that I would carry that pain/anger with me forever. I still think of Joey and his sweet face probably once a minute but those thoughts are no longer accompanied by tears and anger. We talk about him often and will keep him with us forever. He will always be our first baby, our first born.

What else has happened in the past seven months, you ask?

 Rik and I became God Parents to my nephew:

I helped my sisters prepare for their formals:

Rudi turned 7:

My niece turned 1:

My sister (in-law) and her bf got ENGAGED:
 

OH, AND......

RIK AND I ARE EXPECTIING OUR RAINBOW BABY!!!!!!!!!!



There will be much, much more on this last topic over the next few weeks/months.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! Sounds like things have been going well!

    ReplyDelete