Friday, August 24, 2012

August 24th, Seriously?!

Blink. Blink. Hello, August 24.
 
Seriously, where has this summer gone? We have spent most (all) of our summer on the road. I am, by no means, complaining. We have spent more time with our families this summer than ever. The trips have included vacations, baby showers, 6th birthday parties, class reunions, golf outings, graduations, 20th birthday, Mom and Sister-in law birthdays, 25th birthdays, 16th birthdays, bachelorette parties, school clothes shopping…

Are you exhausted after reading that…yeah me too! I went eight weeks without spending a Saturday night in my own bed!
 
We have neglected our house, our yard and ourselves. This weekend will be spent getting caught up on all three. We have 50 bags of mulch being delivered today along with new landscape lights. Who is pumped? This girl! We have spent the past two nights getting new bushes planted, old bushes trimmed and everything ready for a fresh coat of mulch.  So what if we probably should have mulched three months ago. Better late than never, right? 
If I haven’t said this before (although I think I have), I love gardening and yard work. I love it! I love picking out new plants and watching them grow (or die in the case of a few of my picks).  Gardening is a fine art. It is a game, really, of trial and error. I finally feel like I am starting to master it.  Just because you want a pretty, flowering bush in a certain spot, doesn’t mean it is going to grow there! I have learned that lesson the hard way.
 
My husband has been very patient with my obsession for planting and replanting. This is our 5th summer in the house (which is insane) and I finally feel like I have our landscaping how I want it. He doesn’t believe I am done planting, but I promise I am!
I can’t help that I love lilacs, daylilies, hydrangeas and azaleas. Or, that when we moved in, our yard lacked all four! I am proud to say that we now have three lilac bushes, two hydrangeas, a hot pink azalea bush and upwards of a dozen daylilies! WOOHOO!!
 
Happy Friday Friends J
I will be back next week with an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment